- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup of natural yogurt or dairy free alternative
- 2 cups of porridge oats
- 2 tablespoons of Sylliflor (plain or vanilla flavour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons of sea salt
- Chocolate chunks
Preheat your oven to 175°C.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the ingredients and add 3/4 teaspoons of sea salt.
Stir until the mixture is combined. Try not to overmix.
Fold in some chocolate chips or raisins, or dried cranberries.
Line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease the cups.Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Remove the muffins from the oven and allow them to cool in the muffin tin for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Pack in a School Lunch:
These Psyllium Husk Banana Muffins are a sure hit with kids and make a great addition to school lunches:
- They are moist, flavourful, and naturally sweetened by ripe bananas.
- The Sylliflor and porridge oats add a boost of fibre for a satisfying and gut-friendly treat.
- Kids will love the combination of banana and optional add-ins like chocolate chips.
These muffins can be made in advance and stored in an airtight container. They're perfect for satisfying sweet cravings while also providing a nutritional punch for school days.
Sylliflor prebiotic is suitable for children 6 years and older.